Saturday, April 09, 2005

Uggh! Major Computer Issues!

So today started out like any other day. My computer, which is by no means new, starts freezing up intermittently. The old mouse stops moving scenario. At first, it's just a few seconds. A few minutes later its 20 seconds... An hour passes it's 30 seconds. By 3:00pm the computer decided that it had had enough hours of Tribes 2, Visual Studo, MX Studio, and of course DVD movies. It made a sound unlike any I've ever heard one of my computers make. Kind of a woosh mixed with a buzz. I have tried demonstrating the sound for some of my friends and either they aren't impressed or I am just not doing it right.

With the work-load on my plate right now, I couldn't just sit there. I called my business partner Aaron, and we talked it over. First was to repair the computer. Was it worth it? It's been on the path of slow demise for awhile, and it's 2 or 3 years old. With the price of computers these days, we decided to get a new one.

I found myself an open-box (bought and returned) Sony Vaio Widescreen. 3.06GHz. This thing kicks ass. 802.11b/g built in. I am sitting on my couch writing this blog entry. How cool is that?







No comments: